What better way to celebrate autumn than with spice?
I have a huge love affinity for spice. I just love spicy things! I can't tell you what it is either because I used to loathe spice with a passion. Now I can't get enough of it. I'm not usually a huge fan of "pumpkin" spice per say during the holidays, but I will dig into spiced apple ciders and other spiced things. This season only comes once a year – might as well enjoy it while it's here, right?
So, here's a small way to celebrate the change in season: with an Autumn Spice Matcha Latte! I have to admit, my coworker is a genius and developed this recipe, and here I get to share its deliciousness with all of you. Sara Faith and I thoroughly enjoyed making (as well as drinking) it. Not only does it taste like a wonderful cuppa tea, but it smells like the changing season and the spice that the season brings. All in one little cup!
- 2 tsp Organic Sweet Matcha Original
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg (and some extra for dusting)
- 1 cup milk of choice
1. Combine dry ingredients (allspice, cinnamon, nutmeg, Organic Sweet Matcha) into your favorite mug and set aside.
2. Using a mason jar, add milk and microwave uncovered for 1 minute (or until small bubbles form on the side).
3. Remove jar and screw on lid. Shake milk until froth is formed at the top and when the milk has doubled in size.
4. Pour into mug with all dry ingredients, and gently stir to combine.
*For faster results, you can also use a milk frother or a steaming pitcher + wand as well.
Autumn and spice and everything nice.
It surely is a nice cup of spice! I hope you enjoy serendipitously sipping to the sights and smells of a new season!