Whether a hot Matcha Latte is your routine kickstart to a new day or your considering switching over from a traditional espresso latte; one thing is for certain, Matcha Lattes are healthy, delicious, and a great alternative to an espresso fueled diet.
First thing's first, what is Matcha? We go in-depth into what Matcha is here, but basically, Matcha is an antioxidant-rich, metabolism-boosting, caffeine packed superfood without the acidity or crash and burn of espresso. Compared to espresso, Matcha has 5mg more caffeine per 8oz!
Matcha Lattes are a perfect, customizable way to consume this healthy and energizing tea. We've created a video below you can watch to learn more about this light, delicious drink and how to craft one yourself, or you can continue reading!
- Your choice of Milk (We're using Organic Unsweetened Almond Milk)
- Your choice of sweetened or un-sweetened Matcha (We're using Sweetened Organic Matcha)
- Optional: A sweetener such as Cinnamon, Honey, or Agave tastes great with these!
Crafting a Matcha Latte is easy and fast. Once you finish your own Matcha Latte, you'll wonder why you're spending so much at your usual coffee shop!
- Begin by heating 8 ounces of your choice of milk. We're using Organic, unsweetened Almond milk to let the taste of Matcha shine. Some other great alternatives are Coconut Milk if you prefer something a little sweeter, or Oat Milk if you're looking for something sweeter and thick.
- Once you've heated your milk, grab your hand frother or matcha whisk, and froth your milk until you've achieved your desired foam. This usually takes between 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Grab your preferred mug or cup and pour 2 teaspoons of your Full Leaf Tea Co. Matcha. Note: Typically we recommend 1 tsp per 4 ounces of Matcha, but because of the milk to Matcha ratio, you might prefer a stronger mix. Feel free to experiment to your taste.
- Next, add 2 ounces of nearly boiling water to your cup. You'll need to grab your hand frother or matcha whisk and froth until foamy.
- Once your matcha is frother, begin slowly pouring your milk into your matcha in slow, steady circles. This ensures a great mix and flavor throughout the drink.
- You're all done! Optionally, feel free to add a sweetener of your choice such as Cinnamon, Honey, or Agave! Experiment and have fun!