Becoming an adult is taxing. Life pulls at your time and attention demanding you learn quickly how to best manage your time and boundaries or be eaten alive. Avoid letting your blood pressure get away from you and push your kinetic energy into action with drinking matcha. This form of green tea is filled with so many vitamins, minerals, and nutrients it only makes sense to invest in this for your personal health and wellness.
Mornings filled with chasing toddlers around the house trying to tackle higher ideals such as meal planning and failing as the local McDonalds calls your name. There are moments throughout every person’s journey in which one thinks of what would happen if there were more “time in the day”. They even read into magazine articles and read self help books that promise to straighten their priorities out. I’ve seen articles that even go as far as promising to reduce the work week due to productivity going through the roof.
Desperation is there. We are a highly mobile society that is on the go. We want instant results and have so much information at our disposal, we fall into fad diets or lifestyle promises that promise big but fail to deliver. Time is precious. How can one get more energy for the lifestyle without compromising all the adult responsibilities tugging at them? It has to be done. Don’t despair, one of our top sellers at Full Leaf is matcha. Let me tell you, this green tea is incredible.
Who knew that something as simple and long lasting as green tea leaves could possibly be the answer. Matcha, or powdered green tea, involves actually consuming the actual leaf of the tea plant. Your body receives multiples of benefits versus regular tea.
Eight reasons to incorporate matcha green tea into your diet and increase your overall energy:
- Antioxidants. One hundred and thirty seven times more than traditional green tea, seventeen times more than blueberries, and six times more than goji berries.
- Metabolism. Consuming Matcha can help your body burn calories four times faster than normal, increasing efficiency in your diet. This can help one in weight loss attempts and a healthier lifestyle.
- Energy. Boosts energy and aids in focus throughout the day. Slow and steady with a slow fade means you won’t fight the highs and crashes of sugar or coffee. Experience a sustained energy boost with matcha to keep you going longer with increased productivity.
- Fights Cancer. Best source of Catechins which prevent cancer. It can cut the risk of breast cancer in half.
- Anti Aging. Helps reduce inflammation and oxidation to help you look and feel younger. Feel better and get out there more often, we all need a little bit of this.
- Lowers Cholesterol. Matcha has been proven to lower bad (LDL) cholesterol.
- Stress Relief. L-theanine, an amino acid in matcha, helps calm your mind.
- Detox. High concentration of chlorophyll, which helps eliminate chemicals in the body. Chlorophyll gives matcha its wonderful green hue.
These reasons alone are more than enough reason to kickstart your health and wellness journey with matcha into high gear. This fine powder is easy to incorporate into drinks. We have several blog posts that showcase different recipes. My favorite ones to recommend are Iced Matcha Green Tea Latte Recipe and Healthy & Easy Carbonated Matcha Recipes. You can even incorporate it in the form of foods as an ingredient. Read our Homemade Matcha Pasta with Spicy Sesame Sauce blog post for some ideas on how to cook with this powerful ingredient. No traditional Japanese tea ceremony is required.
Hopefully this article will help you in your quest to rid yourself just a little bit of the stress load you have acquired as an adult. No more midnight runs to McDonalds operating on an empty tank, praying for more time in the day to accomplish everything on your to-do list. Stop wasting time reading countless self help books all saying the same thing. Start with matcha tea and make the conscious decision to commit to your health and wellness in a new way.
While matcha can be an easy addition to your life it is an ingredient that can go out of sight out of mind quicker than it should. Commit to drinking a lot of this over the course of a month. Test it out and see if this type of green tea provides the benefits your body needs over time. Some people have seen significant benefits with weight loss, so don’t rule out all the possibilities of what this little green powder can do for you and your energy level. Before you know it you’ll have so much energy that taking on the world will just be child’s play. Is that confidence or just the matcha speaking? Guess you’ll have to find out.