Thank you for your feedback! I have a technique for making tea in the bottle which might be more what you are looking for :) Here is what I do:
1. Pour in 8 ounces of hot water into the bottle.
2. Push the strainer into place.
3. Place 1 tsp of tea leaves on top of the strainer, and close the lid to the bottle.
4. Turn the bottle upside down and let it sit for your desired steep time.
5. After it is done steeping, flip the bottle over and remove the lid.
6. Carefully remove the strainer holding the tea leaves, it will be hot.
Let me know if this way works better for you! If you are still not loving the bottle, please email us at Customers@FullLeafTeaCompany.com and we can refund you or send you something new :)