What is chamomile?
Chamomile is an herb from the asteraceae family of daisy-like plants. The flower of the plant is dried to create chamomile for tea drinking.
What are the health benefits of chamomile?
- Chamomile is most traditionally used as a sleeping aid. It's relaxing properties can help a person fall asleep faster.
- Chamomile may also be helpful in reducing inflammation. It contains chemical compounds that can reduce inflammation which may help reduce pain from arthritis.
- Some studies have shown chamomile to be effective in reducing the blood sugar in people with diabetes.
- Chamomile has also been used to treat indigestion. It is believed that its natural relaxing properties are what causes it to be effective in treating nausea and acid reflux.
- Chamomile has recently been studied to see if it helps fight cancer. Antioxidants in chamomile may help fight certain types of cancer, including breast and ovarian cancers.
- Did you know that chamomile is also good for your teeth? Chamomile helps fights infections, and can fight off bacteria living in the mouth.
- Chamomile also contains flavonoids. Consuming foods with high amounts of flavonoids may lower the risk of heart disease.
What teas contain chamomile?
Specially formulated to calm your body and mind and give you a restful night's sleep, this blend combines USDA organic herbs in a perfect ratio. Sleeping TranquiliTea has a light minty taste with the soothing flavors of rooibos, chamomile, and lavender combining to make a deep and earthy herbal blend.
Organic Throat Clarity is specifically formulated to help soothe sore throats. Its combination of natural ingredients work together to help alleviate pain and fight infection.
Looking for a fun spin on Chamomile? Check out our Spiced Chamomile and Honey Hot Toddy recipe.
Are you interested in learning about other herbs and their health benefits? You can read more on our Herbal Tea Page.